Terms of Service
- By using any of the Filterize products, software, or services available at *.filterize.net (or *.filterize.de and other top-level domains) (collectively referred to as “Services”) provided by Filterize – Pascal Held (“Filterize”), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
- Filterize reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service at any time without notice. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at: https://filterize.net/terms-of-service
- The failure of Filterize to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- You agree that Filterize owns all legal rights in the Service. You must not remove, modify or obscure any legal notices. You are not entitled to use Filterize’s trademarks (especially filterize), trade names, brands, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
- Violation of any of the terms below can result in the termination of your user-account or access to the Services. Violation of any of the terms will also terminate your usage rights of the Services.
- If a provision of this agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect: (i) the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this agreement; or (ii) the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this agreement.
- These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Filterize und replace all previous agreements under this title. There are no verbal subsidiary agreements.
- These Terms of Service, and your relationship with Filterize under these Terms of Service, shall be governed by the laws of Germany. You and Filterize agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Magdeburg, Germany, to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms of Service.
2. Provision of the Services by Filterize
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Filterize does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations, (ii) the Services will be delivered uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable, (iv) any errors in the Services will be corrected.
- You understand and agree that Filterize shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of business reputation, loss of data, cost of procurement of substitute goods or Services, or other intangible loss, resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) any changes which Filterize may make to the Services, or any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through the use of the Services; (v) or any other matter relating to the Services.
- Technical support is provided on a best-effort basis and only by e-mail.
- You understand that Filterize can use third parties (e.g., hosting partners) to provide the necessary resources (e.g., hardware, software, networking, storage, etc.) to run the Services.
- Filterize may stop, remove, modify, or add (permanently or temporarily) Services (or features within Services) at Filterize’s sole discretion. Any new, changed, or removed features are subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Services after any such changes constitute your consent to the changes.
3. Use of the Services by you
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (i) the Terms of Service and (ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
- For certain services, Filterize may offer or require you to register for a user-account. You ensure that all registration information you provide will always be valid, correct, and up to date. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user-account and password. User-accounts registered by bots or other automated methods are not permitted.
- For certain services, Filterize may offer to upload your personal profile photo. You are responsible to not upload an abusive photo, to not infringe on any copyrights or trademarks, and to not use a design which other Filterize users may deem offensive.
- For certain services, Filterize may offer to define a personal URL (web address). You understand that Filterize can rename or reject your personal URL, e.g., if you intentionally or unintentionally interfere with a trademark owner or because your personal URL is deemed offensive.
- You agree that you will not impersonate another person.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose without the express written permission by Filterize.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Filterize has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms of Service and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Filterize may suffer) of any such breach.
- Filterize reserves the right (but has no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content or user-account from any of the Services at Filterize’s sole discretion. You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Services at your own risk.
6. Payed Services Terms
Any use of any of our payed Filterize subscription offerings is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- Every customer gets a free 30 day trial. Payed periods purchased or subscribed in this period will start after the 30 day trial period.
- Payed Filterize service are available through one-time purchase or subscription. Both options are available on the payment site for registered users at https://filterize.com/payment/.
- The purchase or subscription is concluded, by submitting the payment-information by the customer and activating the payed service by Filterize.
- Subscriptions can be canceled at any time. If not canceled until the end of validity, it will be continued for the agreed period.
- Filterize is billed in advance and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds also in the following explicit cases: unavailability of services, downgrade, unused services, or when the functionality of services is changed.
- Invoices will be available through the Filterize website. Date of invoice is the date of purchase or date of subscription payment.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests via a Filterize user-account may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of the user-account. Filterize determines abuse or excessive usage at its sole discretion.
- Filterize reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend user-account immediately if any of these terms are violated. Filterize determines violation at its sole discretion. If a user-account is to be suspended, Filterize will make a reasonable attempt by e-mail to warn the user-account owner prior to suspension.
- A payed Filterize is always associated with a user-account. All communication will be directed to the e-mail address associated with that user-account. You are responsible to keep your user-account information up-to-date.
7. Modifications to the Prices
- Prices of all Services are subject to change. If they change, the changes do not affect running subscriptions but will take effect only for any subsequent subscription period you choose to purchase.
- Filterize is not liable to you or to any third party for any price change.
8. Cancellation Information
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the date the contract is entered into. To exercise your cancellation right, you must inform us (Filterize, Pascal Held, Froser Str. 1, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany) by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, or by email) of your decision to cancel this contract. You may use the attached model cancellation form but use of this form is not obligatory. To comply with the cancellation period it is sufficient to despatch the communication concerning the exercise of the cancellation right before the expiry of the cancellation period.
Consequences of Cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we must refund to you without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the date on which we receive the communication concerning your cancellation of this contract all payments that we have received from you including delivery costs (excluding the additional costs incurred because of your selection of a type of delivery other than the most advantageous standard delivery offered by us). To make this refund we shall use the same payment method that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; under no circumstances will you be charged fees for this refund. You must send back or deliver the goods to us (Filterize, Pascal Held, Froser Str. 1, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany) without delay and in any event at the latest within fourteen days from the date on which you inform us of the cancellation of this contract. To comply with the period it is sufficient if you despatch the goods before expiry of the fourteen day period.You will bear the direct costs of returning the goods. You must bear any loss in value of the goods only where such loss is caused by unnecessary handling by you in checking the quality, properties and functionality of the goods. If you have asked that the services commence during the cancellation period, you must pay to us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services provided up to the time when you inform us of the exercise of the right of cancellation of this contract in comparison with the full extent of the services anticipated in the contract.
Model Cancellation Form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please complete this form and return it to us.)
- To Filterize, Pascal Held, Froser Str. 1, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
- I/we hereby cancel (*) the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the provision of the following service: _________________________________
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*): ________________________________________
- Name of the consumer(s): ________________________________________
- Address of the consumer(s): ________________________________________
- Signature of the consumer(s) (only in the case of communication on paper) _____________________________________
- Date: _________________________________
(*) delete as applicable.
End of the Cancellation Information
The foregoing right of cancellation does not apply where the transaction can be regarded as part of your trade or professional activity.